Due to its rising popularity, more and more products are produced with Cannabidiol Oil as one of its main ingredients. Apart from oral medication, it has become a choice ingredient for topical creams, lotions, and ointments.
These lotions and ointments have a wide range of health benefits. These health and wellness advantages include muscle pain relief, itch relief, acne prevention, anti-aging, and more. Here are some of the uses of CBD-infused topical creams and lotions:
1. Pain-relieving salves and ointments. Nothing beats the analgesic powers of CBD Oil. Apart from being a powerful plant-based pain reliever, it’s a wholesome medication that comes with no serious side effects that have attracted more and more patients to use it for their pain issues. CBD ointments can help relieve both acute and chronic types of pain. Those that are from injuries, musculoskeletal in origin, or even those emanating from the bone. The pain-relieving ointments are likewise helpful to terminally ill patients who are managing the pain associated with their end-stage disease.
Salves and ointments are usually applied to the painful area and are massaged lightly. The application can be repeated after a couple of hours, just like any other ointment.
2. Migraine relieving headache oils. Cannabidiol Oil is beneficial in relieving killer headaches, including chronic migraines. Usually, a bit of oil is applied or rolled into the temples or the forehead to relieve tension headaches and migraines. The oil can likewise be used in the nape of the neck, where headaches can also radiate.
3. Anti-itch balms and ointments. CBD oil is a powerful anti-itch plant-based medication. Just apply it on the affected area of the skin, and it can help relieve itchiness and swelling due to insect bites or allergies. Cannabidiol oil can help in controlling the histamine levels on the surface of the skin, which in turn causes it to itch. By applying these balms and anti-itch lotions, the skin becomes no longer itchy, and the swelling and redness of the skin subside.
4. Anti-acne cream. Cannabidiol Oil can influence the production of the sebum by tapping on the receptors that control the output of the sebaceous glands. By lowering the oiliness level of the skin, acne can be prevented. Oil and dirt are the leading causes of acne breakouts, and by cutting back on sebum production, acne growth can be prevented. Apart from anti-acne creams, CBD based anti-acne toners, anti-pimple cleansers, and cleansing facial washes have also been developed to help curb pimple growth.
5. Anti-aging skin regimen. Some cosmetics manufacturers have already thought of coming up with a complete line of anti-aging skin regimen that is mainly based on Cannabidiol oil. CBD oil has powerful antioxidants that can help fight skin aging through the eradication of free radicals that cause wrinkles and age spots.
Some of the anti-aging beauty products that are developed with CBD Oil as the main ingredient include day and night creams, toners, moisturizers, SPF lotions, astringents, facial wash, eye cream make-up removers, and more. These are mostly oil-based but does not make the facial skin excrete elevated levels of sebum. Its moisturizing effect is just enough to make the skin look supple and seem younger-looking.
6. Eczema lotions. Eczema or atopic dermatitis can afflict persons of all ages. Babies, in particular, can get nasty looking flare-ups from eczema. And since Cannabidiol has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, it has been a choice in gradient for plant-based natural anti-eczema creams. Health stores and alternative healing clinics have started selling CBD-based anti-eczema creams, lotion, soaps, and salves. These products can help individuals with atopic dermatitis combat the rough, itchy, dry, scaly, and sometimes painful and blistery skin brought forth by eczema.
Moreover, eczema lotions also relieve itchiness, and curbs the proliferation of Staphylococcus bacteria on the affected areas, making it less likely to itch and swell.
7. Psoriasis relief salves and ointments. Psoriasis is an itchy, uncomfortable, and painful skin condition. It can make the skin look unsightly too. But not all patients respond to over the counter creams and prescription ointments and medications. Thus more and more patients and their families have discovered the wonders of CBD Infused salves and lotions meant to treat Psoriasis and its symptoms.
These salves and creams are usually applied to the affected part of the skin and is left to be absorbed and dried up. The CBD Ointments are often fast-acting and provide relief to the red patches. Psoriasis is notorious for. Fortunately, only a thin layer is needed per application, and the ointment or salve is usually applied only as needed. During critical times though, it can generally be applied up to four times a day.
What is careful about the salves and creams is that it does not have any harmful side effects. Cannabidiol Oil is considered an herbal product, and this is what attracts more and more patients and parents to try it to relieve their condition.
8. CBD Based Moisturizer. Cannabidiol oil is an excellent moisturizer. It makes the skin look bright and supple, yet it does not leave it oily enough to encourage pimple growth. Most CBD Based moisturizers also come with sun protection factor that makes it an ideal day moisturizer as well.
- 9. Calming Lotion. CBD is a powerful natural relaxant and anxiolytic. For this reason, it is an effective massage oil and calming lotion. Some even rub it on their temples, back of their neck, and then in their palms when they are feeling stressed, anxious, or jittery. Its topical effect added to the relaxing scent that helps a person calm down and even feel a bit ready to doze off, helps severely stressed individuals, those with diagnosed anxiety, and clinical depression to get past their symptoms.
- Benefits of Hemp CBD Oil For Skin Health
- Effectiveness of CBD Oil Balms for Pain Relief